Join us in New York for CapitalCon – the most intensive, fast-paced investor relations and capital raising boot camp in the industry. Each participant will architect strategies to position themselves to naturally attract qualified investors and strategic counter-parties, through a dozen small-group exercises, a thought provoking workbook and expert advice.
This event will cover more than a dozen strategies for raising capital and over 25 specific tangible actions you can start taking immediately to raise more capital each quarter. Every strategy presented comes with case studies, examples, and implementation steps based on the daily application of each strategy by the Family Office Club and Wilson Holding Company.
Successful capital raisers on stage will share their most effective success secrets. As a participant you will benefit not only from our real-world application of these strategies, but also more than a decade of research into the science of influence, persuasion and investor engagement.
Date: August, 2017
Venue: Fordham University School of Law | 150 W 62nd St, New York, NY 10023
Agenda: 2017’s agenda will be released shortly. You can view 2016’s agenda Here.
- Current Charter Members: FREE (Register Here)
- New Charter Members: $299 per Month (Apply Here)
- Standard Admission: $995 (Register Here)
Interested in Learning More about Charter Membership? Visit FamilyOffices.com/Association or give us a call at (305) 503-9077
Last year’s CapitalCon Speakers Include:
The 10 speakers at CapitalCon 2016 have all raised over $100 Million+ each and many have raised well over $1 Billion. CapitalCon is the #1 place to connect with and learn from globally recognized capital raising veterans. 2017’s speaker line-up will be released shortly.
Workshop Chairman – Richard C. Wilson: Richard is one of the most well-known thought leaders and experts on capital raising and marketing investment funds to institutional investors. Richard C. Wilson helps $100M+ net worth families create and manage their single family offices and currently manages 14 clients including mandates with three billionaire families and as the CEO of a $500M+ single family office and Head of Direct Investments for another with $200M+ in assets. Richard is also the founder of the Family Office Club, the largest membership-based family office association (FamilyOffices.com), along with equity holdings with over $10M a year in combined revenue. The Wilson Holding Company is also the exclusive wine importer and a wine brand representative for Hofkellerei des Fursten Von Liechtenstein, the 600 year old vineyard owned by the princely family of Liechtenstein.
Benefits of Attending:
- Master Best Practices & Emulate Proven Strategies: Throughout the day you will be completing a
Capital Raising Core workbook and by the end of the day you will have an actionable plan that integrates best practices and proven capital raising models for your organization.
- Develop Your Capital Raising Plan: Regardless of whether you are a hedge fund, private equity fund, real estate professional or investment banker you need to stand out from the competition in a meaningful way. This one day workshop will teach you exactly how to do it. You will leave with a plan in hand to execute.
- Avoid The 7 Most Common $100,000 Mistakes: Almost everyone who starts out raising capital for a fund or private company makes the same mistakes. What you should do is not always obvious, and worse than that, it is often counter-intuitive. At this workshop we will show you why you should reach out to fewer investors and figure out who those investors are. Typically, only one type of investor fits your sandbox, USP, investor funnel, and is making up your investor avatar. This investor avatar concept alone will save you from hours of fruitless activity, ensuring results through the best possible use of your most valuable resource, time.
- Gain a Capital Raising Edge: When raising capital, second place in a competition can mean no capital allocated, and a consistent third or 10th place can mean you are out of business and have to close shop. Getting your emails responded to, phone calls taken, and meetings booked with potential investors is critical, every 1% improvement in doing so can mean more capital raised.
- Identify the fundamental marketing materials and strategic IP assets you need to create, distribute, and leverage to be taken seriously. Stand out from the herd trying to raise capital daily, to your target investors.
- Develop a System to Attract Investors Like Clockwork: Let your competitors cold call 60 prospects a day while you setup systems to consistently attract targeted and pre-qualified investors to you every month. During this workshop, we will show you how to accomplish this at zero cost.
Attendees: Past attendees of our events and workshops have included investment funds, real estate and private equity independent sponsors, private bankers and wealth managers, capital raising consultants and third party marketers, investment industry service providers who want to position themselves and their firms, and investment bankers and M&A brokers looking to get more deals done every year. Wealthy families with multiple operating entities looking for a marketing and investor relations edge.
“The workshop did an excellent job of consolidating thousands of hours of information into a single day. Worth 1000%+ my investment of time and money.” – David Weisburd
“You’ll leave Richard’s workshop with actionable strategies you can instantly apply to make your business more effective.” – Kimberlie Canducci, Canducci Communications
“The workshop content was relevant and educational, after the workshop my mind was racing with new ideas and ways to improve all aspects of my strategy and implementation of my strategy. Like any great coach or motivator I left the workshop more inspired and with a deeper desire to succeed.“ – Jay Robbins, GBS Life Plans
“This capital raising workshop and your conference I attended in Los Angeles last month is by far the best events I have experienced.” – Michael Herr, BroadRiver Asset Management, L.P.
“Absolutely sincere and a great source and fountain of information. Real life examples of what to do regardless of the level of the participant, useful for everyone from beginners to pros in capital raising and fund marketing.” –Gene Czaplinsky, Cossack Investment Advisors
“As a small boutique firm in the family office space, the Family Office Club seminars have been a valuable resource for our firm giving us the opportunity to learn from industry insiders to help us grow our business.” – Karen M. Schmid, Moirai Capital Management, LLC
“The workshop really provides new and emerging managers with the toolkit and strategies to really begin establishing the foundation for capital raising and growing their business to the next level.“ –Tom Aitken, Thomas Capital Partners
“It was a pleasure meeting you today at the NYC workshop, hosted by you/your firm. I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation and your capital raising ideas/insight. Again, thank you for hosting such an informative and thought-provoking event. I look forward to attending future events held by your firm.“ –Mike Krumenacker, Directory of Business Development & Investor Relations at TaumSauk Capital Management
“Great! We needed your sales perspective, a new angle for our type of business.” –Manuel Lazerov, American Infrastructure Investors
“This workshop differentiated the truly important tasks and processes from the those that just eat up time. The material helped me focus on my attitude and habits to drive the behaviors to increase chances of raising sticky capital.“ –Michael Mastey, PNC
“Great event and worth my trip from Beijing.” – Alex Gong
“A very good workshop, worth the special trip from London. The workshop was delivered in a very professional atmosphere and was very good value for the money.” – John Braund, Amscorp Capital Ltd
“The workshop tells me just what marketing materials I need and some guidance on how to get started. Richard is very knowledgeable and sincere (not a typical sales guy), which is much appreciated.“ – Judy Snyder
“Richard Wilson’s expert knowledge and current insights about the investment fund universe provided an invaluable check list of the dos and don’ts in capital raising and investor relations.“ – Johanna Thornblad, Meridian Fund Managers
“The workshop was well worth my time to fly to New York. You gave me a lot of great ideas to raise more capital.” – JaceVernon, Why Lucid FX
“Terrific workshop. It provided great insights into the pitfalls many managers make in setting up and marketing their funds. The exercises provide a great opportunity for self examination and networking“ – Alan Swide, Stone Beach Investment Management
“The presentation was excellent, very practical and worth of its own merit. I know more now than if I was to try and learn this material through other courses. Richard is down to earth in presenting and his advice is doable and real. ” – Dennis E. Carr, Bancport Commercial Capital
Risk-Free Offer: If you attend any of our full-day conferences and find that you don’t get at least $2,000 of value, Wilson Conferences will give you 100% of your money back on admissions paid. At our last 360 person conference in New York we had an exact refund rate of 0% due to unhappy guests. In other words this is the easiest investment decision of your year-you love it or you don’t pay for it, so please register now below and we will see you in New York.
I look forward to working with you at this workshop.
Questions? Call us at (305) 503-9077
Richard C. Wilson
CEO & Founder
The Family Office Club
328 Crandon Blvd. Suite #223
Key Biscayne, Florida 33149